Synergy's Uniform Complaint Policy and General Complaint Procedures
Parent Concerns About Staff or Program
- Questions regarding Synergy’s curriculum, school rules, or the professional conduct of any Synergy employee can be addressed by making an appointment with a School Director/Principal.
- Any concerns you may have regarding a School Director/Principal can be addressed by making an appointment with the Chief Achievement Officer or the CAO’s designee.
- Any concerns you may have regarding a Central Office Staff Member can be addressed by making an appointment with the Chief Executive Officer or the CEO’s designee.
- Any concerns you may have regarding the Chief Executive Officer can be addressed by making an appointment with a Synergy Board Member.
Procedure for Resolving Parent/Guardian Conflicts
Synergy recognizes its responsibility for ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing educational programs. Parents/guardians understand that Synergy has its own Board of Directors that is separate from the Los Angeles Unified School District’s (LAUSD) Board of Education. Parents/guardians also understand that LAUSD will not intervene or become involved with any internal disputes unless it has reason to believe that such disputes involve the violation of the school’s charter or any applicable laws. In all other cases, LAUSD will refer such complaints to the charter school’s administration or Board of Directors. Therefore, parents/guardians agree to follow the procedures below to resolve conflicts in a timely manner:
- The parent/guardian will make an appointment and meet with the Director/Principal.
- If the conflict is not resolved, the parent/guardian will meet with the Chief Executive Officer or the Chief Achievement Officer.
- If the previous two steps fail to arrive at a resolution, the parent/guardian may submit their concern in writing to the Board of Directors (the parent/guardian may receive assistance with writing, if desired). The parent/guardian must also attend the board meeting during which the Board of Directors will review the parent’s/guardian’s written complaint. The parent/guardian can prepare a 2- minute oral presentation to present to the Board of Directors during this board meeting. The Board of Directors will discuss the issue and render a decision. All decisions made by the Board of Directors are final.
For a more comprehensive description of Synergy’s complaint procedures, a copy of the School’s Uniform Complaint Policy is below and can be obtained at the School office.